January 15, 2020Suspension Design and Release Engineer
The Chassis Suspension Design and Release Engineer is responsible for the suspension component and system design, development, and engineering release for production vehicles. The Engineer will take part in development of vehicle level functional objectives and work to establish, and achieve, the corresponding component level functional objectives. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work on some of the exciting products.
Location: Bay Area, CA
- Responsible for the component development process from the program start through production launch including sourcing, design, validation testing, program management and manufacturing readiness.
- Work with cross functional teams to achieve balance of cost, weight and functional requirements while improving overall durability/robustness, promoting efficient industrialization and supporting the D&R process.
- Responsibilities include component design (FMEA), analysis (CAE), vehicle packaging (NX), model/drawing integrity (Teamcenter), development, component validation (DVP&R), change management (CN), engineering bill of material (EBOM), build support from component to in plant vehicle support, issue management (GIMS), fastened joint design, and assembly torque development.
- Responsible to leverage CAE and testing group to execute kinematic/compliance modeling, to structural analysis at component and at system level
- Work extensively with suppliers to communicate the requirements, reviewing component DVP&R, support vehicle build, support plant in production readiness and launch.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent Engineering degree) from an ABET accredited school
- 3 years of chassis engineering design and development experience
- Knowledge of engineering tools & processes incl. DVP, GD&T and CAD
- Project management skills. Demonstrated passion to work in automotive industry
- Knowledge of one or more of the following stampings, castings, forgings, welded components, shocks, stabilizer bars and/or other components
- Master of Science in Engineering
- Experience with problem solving such as Red-X or Experience with robust design such as DFSS
- Ability in NX/Teamcenter or CATIA
- 2 years of suspension, steering, and / or mount design, development, and validation experience
- Understanding of requirements of suspension or steering or braking systems
Caliber Technology based in motor city Detroit supports automotive industry in their mission of developing advanced technologies and provide expertise based resources. We will exceed your expectations and meet project needs as we strive to become ‘extension’ of your engineering team. Through our expertise and customer focused vision we aim to help OEMs, Tier-1's or Start-ups achieve faster time to market with safety and quality in mind.
We bring CAN DO attitude. If you are excited about working on variety of challenging engineering projects, then come join us.