December 19, 2019Senior HIL Chassis Controls Engineer
Opportunity to develop the latest Chassis controls technologies. Responsibility involves developing test set up with hardware in loop testrig, integrating vehicle simulation model with HIL test rig. Have you worked in the past on ABS, ESC, semi-active damping, trailer Backup Assist, Lane Keeping Aid, Roll Stability Control, Trail Control ?
Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Develop control algorithms using MATLAB and Simulink Models
- Plan and Execute Model-in-the-Loop testing/simulation to verify performance
- Use dSpace MicroAutoBox for rapid proto and evaluation of new functions
- Lead system integration of suspension and steering systems with customer
- Perform software functional validation (MIL/SIL testing) and work closely with HIL test engineers
- Develop HIL labs for bench testing
- Perform control calibration and vehicle testing
- Develop specifications and design verification plans for control systems and features
- Develop and maintain dynamics models for algorithm development and stability analysis
- Work closely with cross functional teams to develop feature interface requirements
- Conduct Functional Safety analysis and implement actions
- Masters's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related degree with emphasis on Controls Development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Automotive control system development experience; preferably in Chassis systems like steering, suspension, or braking
- Experience with Model-Based Design, Model-in-the-Loop Testing, and dSPACE MicroAutoBox
- Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (CAN and CAN FD)
- 2 years of controls system and state machine development experience or equivalent educational background
- 2 years of embedded chassis controls system experience with focus on Hardware-in-Loop (HIL)
- Demonstrated experience in Matlab/Simulink
- Familiarity with Vector CANalyzer, CANape and TargetLink
- Troubleshooting experience with electromechanical systems
- Experience developing and executing test plans
- Experience applying engineering disciplines for failure mode avoidance
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAN communication and database's
- Experience developing software requirements
- Familiarity with ISO-26262
Caliber Technology based in motor city Detroit supports automotive industry in their mission of developing advanced technologies and provide expertise based resources. We will exceed your expectations and meet project needs as we strive to become ‘extension’ of your engineering team. Through our expertise and customer focused vision we aim to help OEMs, Tier-1's or Start-ups achieve faster time to market with safety and quality in mind.
We bring CAN DO attitude. If you are excited about working on variety of challenging engineering projects, then come join us.